Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your "pet" book genre?
koksmai Offline
Goomba

:

What's your "pet" book genre?
Everyone's got one, what's yours? Just wondering cause I usually only read mysteries, but a few days ago I started reading this new fantasy, "Drylor, the First Artifact." Didn't put it down till I finished it. I guess you don't really think about how you limit yourself till you read something new. What about you guys, do you generally stick to one type of book or do you like to check out all the different types?

Assuming you are one of the many people who tends to stick to one genre, what was that one special book that made you switch your area of interest? I'm looking to broaden my horizons, I'm excited to hear about some books that got everyone introduced to new themes.

For me it was this Drylor book. The first fantasy to ever pique my interests, I just picked it up after reading the back of the book, but it turned out a lot better then I could have hoped. It's the standard mix, man in a strange land forced to save the world, but it does some really interesting things with the execution, it'll keep you interested no matter how many fantasy novels you've read. Next time you see this cover while browsing Amazon, go ahead and pick it up, you won't be disappointed.
05-06-2011 02:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

RE: What's your "pet" book genre?
I would say my favorite genre is Fantasy, but I also like Sci-Fi and Historical Fiction~ I'd like to read more Mysteries and Romances, but I really don't know of any that seem interesting.

My favorite authors(because picking favorite books is too hard XD) would probably be Mercedes Lackey, Christopher Paolini, and Suzanne Collins. I recently finished The Hunger Games trilogy by Collins and I have to say, what an emotional roller coaster. After the first book I couldn't put the things down, because I just *had* to know what came next.

[Image: McWUC.png]
"What do you call it when there's not a soul who'll love you?"

"No one will love me; I'm all alo..."

:Image source:
:Quote Source:
05-06-2011 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Children's Picture Book Shadow 7 7,405 10-20-2010 07:29 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  Favorite Harry Potter Book. Blaziken 2 3,750 10-08-2009 05:14 PM
Last Post: KoopaKrazy85