Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
Author Message
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing
*****

Posts: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
:

Post: #11
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
(06-04-2010 04:32 AM)Nigel xD Wrote:  It's doneeeeeee!

Now I just need to edit it and re-record one song and it shall be uploaded soon!
The running time is close to about 11 minutes! I hope that's okay D:


Okay, so never mind! I decided to add a butt load of songs in order to make it an epic finale.
The entire thing is so long that I'm gonna split it into 2 10 minute parts (unless Timby is okay with having a super long song on the site)

I also threw in some Star Fox (<3), Zelda, Megaman, and Donkey Kong in the mix.

If you still have requests, you can still tell me! I'll be happy to add them with no problems!

This has been, by far, the hardest medley I've ever done and I owe it all to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Damn that boss music.

lol ur fingers will DAI Tongue

I had an epiphany!! Piranha Plant's Lullaby!

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
06-04-2010 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel xD Offline
Cheep Cheep
***

Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2009
Reputation: 3
:

Post: #12
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
that's actually the first song! nice epiphany! xD

Set list:
I'm debating if I want to post it all up here or have you guys guess the songs like Part 2?
What do you think?

[Image: 20h6pg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 08:57 AM by Nigel xD.)
06-05-2010 06:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing
*****

Posts: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
:

Post: #13
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
(06-05-2010 06:25 AM)Nigel xD Wrote:  that's actually the first song! nice epiphany! xD

Set list:
I'm debating if I want to post it all up here or have you guys guess the songs like Part 2?
What do you think?

XD FAIL

I like guessing games!! 8D

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
06-05-2010 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel xD Offline
Cheep Cheep
***

Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2009
Reputation: 3
:

Post: #14
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
xD then it shall be kept secret! But it's really hard! So good luck!
I'm uploading a short preview of a song I did last night onto YouTube right now!

I'll post it up when it's doneee Big Grin

BAM IT'S RIGHT HERE

[Image: 20h6pg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 10:21 AM by Nigel xD.)
06-06-2010 09:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing
*****

Posts: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
:

Post: #15
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
(06-06-2010 09:49 AM)Nigel xD Wrote:  xD then it shall be kept secret! But it's really hard! So good luck!
I'm uploading a short preview of a song I did last night onto YouTube right now!

I'll post it up when it's doneee Big Grin

BAM IT'S RIGHT HERE

F-CK YES

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
06-06-2010 12:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel xD Offline
Cheep Cheep
***

Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2009
Reputation: 3
:

Post: #16
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
XD glad you liked it Koops!

Even though it was only the main theme with a different tempo ._.

[Image: 20h6pg.jpg]
06-06-2010 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing
*****

Posts: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
:

Post: #17
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
(06-06-2010 12:39 PM)Nigel xD Wrote:  XD glad you liked it Koops!

Even though it was only the main theme with a different tempo ._.

I know but the way it was played just sounded great!! It had a really nice, strong rhythm!

Sorry I used to play percussion XD I love a strong beat Big Grin

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 04:12 PM by KoopaKrazy85.)
06-06-2010 04:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel xD Offline
Cheep Cheep
***

Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2009
Reputation: 3
:

Post: #18
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
thanks Big Grin

UPDATE: it's pretty much done. Now I just need to know if it's okay to send it to Timby in it's giant entirety, or split it up into 3 parts D:

I guess since we're waiting for a response, I'll give you some fun little facts Big Grin :
- The total number of notes played is 31,312 (not including mistakes, according to my program)
- 47 pages of sheet music
- 25 songs in total, 12 of which I had to learn by ear
- I've been practicing and learning these songs since December!
- This was all recorded over a period of 3 months (February, March, and April) and I wanted to do requests in early May with a release in June, but I suck and forgot.
- Here's an example of Super Mario World's Athletic Theme all edited up and quantized. Also, that's the program that I record into using a USB cable connected to my piano. I spend 90% of my day looking at that screen. The other 10% is spent sleeping.
- Total running time of the entire medley is about 28 minutes (!!) but when you listen to it, it feels like it's 10, really xD.
- I hate boss battle themes. Why do they have to be so hectic xD!
- This is the first time I used strings with a medley!
- This is the first time I also performed that certain Star Fox song, eveerrrr.
- this

[Image: 20h6pg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2010 08:33 AM by Nigel xD.)
06-07-2010 06:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing
*****

Posts: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
:

Post: #19
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
(06-07-2010 06:15 AM)Nigel xD Wrote:  thanks Big Grin

UPDATE: it's pretty much done. Now I just need to know if it's okay to send it to Timby in it's giant entirety, or split it up into 3 parts D:

I guess since we're waiting for a response, I'll give you some fun little facts Big Grin :
- The total number of notes played is 31,312 (not including mistakes, according to my program)
- 47 pages of sheet music
- 25 songs in total, 12 of which I had to learn by ear
- I've been practicing and learning these songs since December!
- This was all recorded over a period of 3 months (February, March, and April) and I wanted to do requests in early May with a release in June, but I suck and forgot.
- Here's an example of Super Mario World's Athletic Theme all edited up and quantized. Also, that's the program that I record into using a USB cable connected to my piano. I spend 90% of my day looking at that screen. The other 10% is spent sleeping.
- Total running time of the entire medley is about 28 minutes (!!) but when you listen to it, it feels like it's 10, really xD.
- I hate boss battle themes. Why do they have to be so hectic xD!
- This is the first time I used strings with a medley!
- This is the first time I also performed that certain Star Fox song, eveerrrr.
- this

Oh. My. GOD!!

- that's a lot
- that's a lot as well
- that's more than a lot
- that also fits into the 'a lot' category
- and that
- that belongs in the 'holy cheeseburgers with pickles that's an awful lot' category
- fits into the latter category
- fair enough
- that's awesome!
- starfox is also awesome
- that was as awesome as the previous facts, all of which go under the heading of 'THE MOST SUPER DUPER MEGA ULTRA UBER REALLY ELABORATELY EMPHASISED AWESOMEST AWESOMENESS THAT IS ALSO COOL'

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
06-07-2010 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel xD Offline
Cheep Cheep
***

Posts: 237
Joined: Aug 2009
Reputation: 3
:

Post: #20
RE: Super Mario Melody Part 3 (Taking Requests)
Koops<3

[Image: 20h6pg.jpg]
06-08-2010 04:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  if mario dissapered......... pokemaster_322 14 24,384 04-23-2014 12:16 AM
Last Post: Neko
  Why Do you like Mario Bros Games? benant100 13 24,144 03-28-2014 08:00 PM
Last Post: SmithyJ
  Mario Vs Luigi HyperLuigi 21 39,676 03-28-2014 07:42 PM
Last Post: SmithyJ
Big Grin Wario, Waluigi, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad, or Bowser Jkarate 7 13,592 05-28-2013 04:58 PM
Last Post: tbone4
  I need names for Mario Characters SuperMarioFan81 3 7,536 04-02-2013 03:42 PM
Last Post: mymariogames
  Nintendo Direct brought more Mario. Biolizard13 2 7,845 03-16-2013 07:29 AM
Last Post: Biolizard13
Question Mario Timeline? KoopaKrazy85 17 28,059 02-26-2013 04:43 PM
Last Post: mymariogames
Smilie_v2_Mario Super Mario Bros. A Reboot (Fan Script) SuperMarioFan81 7 11,661 02-04-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: SuperMarioFan81
Smilie_v2_Mario Super Mario Bros. 20th Anniversary (The Movie) SuperMarioFan81 0 3,555 02-01-2013 02:31 AM
Last Post: SuperMarioFan81
Exclamation If you could create your very own Mario game... Abigor 18 30,160 01-31-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: SuperMarioFan81

Forum Jump: