Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Identities survey
Shadow Offline
Princess Peach

:

Identities survey
This is actually a quick survey for a uni assignment based on identities.

My assignment is basically about how we all act differently and have different idenities when we are in different settings/with different groups of people.

What I am also talking about is how schools should makes literacy more engaging to by relating topics to the identities of it's students. Confused? (eg: who would you rather read about? An old man in the 1700's harvesting cotton or a character who you can actually identity with/relate to on a topic you are actually interested in?)

(if that all went straight over your heads thats no big deal Smile

If anyone has a minutes, heres a quick survey for my essay-
If you have time to jot down some answers it would be really be helpful to me!

Thanks again, Shadow xo[/quote]

Identities

Characteristics: (some basic points describing how you'd personally identify yourself (eg: tall, loud, outgoing, sporty)
Social: (different social groups who you may act differently with/identify differently with – (you may act different when at home with your family than when you do at school with your friends). (eg: school friends, sport friends, family etc)
How do you act differently in these different groups? (eg: more outgoing/act more freely with school friends, don’t use bad language when at home around parents, dress differently if at church etc)
Cultural aspects: (what culture are you- Are you Australian? Do you have any cultural traditions? Do you follow and certain religions? Do you live in a suburban/rural area?
Does how you dress you fit into any particular stereotypes? (eg: emo, mainstream, alternative, jock, nerd etc) or how would you describe how you dress? (casual, class, sporty etc)

Can you think of any other aspects that may influence how you may act differently in different groups? (eg: the setting of where you are, how well you know the people, age, gender)

What are some characteristics about other people that may cause you to judge them differently/act differently towards them? (eg: how they dress- are they nerdy/cool, what they're interested in - what games they play, what music they listen to, where they're from- race, their age, gender, what aspects of their personality- are they shy, are they rude, mean, cool etc)
My Answers

Characteristics: (some basic points describing how you identify yourself (eg: tall, loud, outgoing, sporty)
1. Arty (pretty big part of who I am, I’m always drawing in class and I’m studying art at uni)
2. Fairly outgoing (I’m usually happy to talk to just about anyone)
3. Approachable (people don’t really seem to find me scary, lots of random people I don’t know always seem to ask me for directions, shame I’m so bad with knowing where things are or how to get to places!)
4. Caring (I’m usually the person my friends go to when they have a problem or something is bringing them down, I always believe the best in people, which could be my down fall.)
5. Disorganized (I’m not very well organized, I always have mess and things everywhere clothes, shoes, notes, rubbish etc)

Social: (different social groups who you may act differently with – (you may act different when at home with your family than when you do at school with your friends). (eg: school friends, sport friends, family etc)
1. Family
2. Classmates
3. Home friends (friends from high school, neighbors)
4. Housemates (people I live with at uni)
5.Teaching placements (when I’m a student teacher at highschools)
How do you act differently in these different groups? (eg: more outgoing with school friends, don’t use bad language when at home around parents, dress differently if at church etc)
1. Fairly relaxed with family, yet I still have to be responsible and do my chores at home and be respectful to my mum or she will get angry with me!
2. very relaxed with my classmates, I can joke around and be silly with them and don’t have to hold anything back
3. very relaxed
4. very relaxed
5. I have to act very professionally and follow strict rules. Have to dress respectably and act responsibly
Cultural aspects: (what culture are you- Are you Australian? Do you have any cultural traditions? Do you follow and certain religions? Do you live in a suburban/rural area?
1. I am from an Australian, I don’t have any special traditions
2. I do not strictly follow any particular religions
3. I am from a rural/country-ish town

Does how you dress you fit into any particular stereotypes? (eg: emo, mainstream, alternative, jock, nerd etc) or how would you describe how you dress? (casual, class, sporty etc)

Not really, pretty mainstream/average

Can you think of any other aspects that may influence how you may act differently in different groups? (eg: the setting of where you are, how well you know the people, age, gender)

Where I am and how i'm with- home, school.... or if i'm in a working environment where i have to act responsibly

What are some characteristics about other people that may cause you to judge them differently/act differently towards them? (eg: how they dress- are they nerdy/cool, what they're interested in - what games they play, what music they listen to, where they're from- race, their age, gender, what aspects of their personality- are they shy, are they rude, mean, cool etc)

Age, I act differently to people of different ages. I try to be respectful to everyone, but I feel I can talk more on a friendship level to people my own age, rather than people much older who I can't relate to as well.

[Image: tinypeach.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 05:05 PM by Shadow.)
09-11-2009 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Survey about You~ 2009-2010 Shadow 2 3,103 01-13-2010 08:09 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  (late) Easter Survey! Favourite Chocolate Nivlac 11 13,293 04-25-2009 08:28 AM
Last Post: Pocket Rocket