Mario Mayhem Forums
My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Printable Version

+- Mario Mayhem Forums (http://www.mariomayhem.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Everything Else (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Advertising (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos (/showthread.php?tid=289)

My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - fortejava - 07-30-2008 08:44 PM

Hi everyone.
My name is Alessandro (i'm italian , sorry for the bad english Smile ).

I've created , for a degree thesis , a web site in which people can play games , watch videos , TV channels and radio online from Wii or PC.

I've opened this topic for inviting all of you to do a little test of my site ( http://www.mywiicenter.com ).

I'll be very grateful if you report me some information among these :

1) Hardware platform used for visiting it (Wii , PC , Mac)

2) The browser (Internet Explorer , Firefox...)

3) Your screen resolution

4) Is the site easy to use ?

5) If you are visiting it from Wii , are all the elements well visible on your TV ?

6) Last , if you like the graphic style (i think it must be improved).

Also, an overall impression about the site , if you like it or not in general.

I thank all of you for your patience , hoping in your collaboration.
I'd like to improve my site following your hints Smile

p.s. for mods : the admin gave me permission to create this thread

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Mario-Man - 07-30-2008 09:29 PM

Hmmm Ok
I like the site, yes but the main page the selection buttons are a bit big.
As for the games nice selection but you made the images way to big.
Videos nice touch. I havn't visited the site on my wii yet and I maybey will some time. The site is nice yes but work on size and it should look better Wink

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - fortejava - 07-30-2008 09:47 PM

Mario-Man Wrote:Hmmm Ok
I like the site, yes but the main page the selection buttons are a bit big.
As for the games nice selection but you made the images way to big.
Videos nice touch. I havn't visited the site on my wii yet and I maybey will some time. The site is nice yes but work on size and it should look better Wink

thank you for the interest.
but you have to consider that all images and elements must be well visible on TV.

What screen res. and browser were you using?

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Mario-Man - 07-30-2008 09:59 PM

internet explorer, why?

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - fortejava - 07-30-2008 10:21 PM

Mario-Man Wrote:internet explorer, why?

Because i want to do a statistic on the most used browsers and screen resolutions, and also which of them present problems with the site, if any... that' all.

Well, when you try it on the wii let me know if you still find the images too big, or any other thing ok? thx Wink

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Mario-Man - 07-31-2008 03:57 AM

ok, sure, see you around the forums Wink

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - fortejava - 09-06-2008 07:00 AM

I think the site has some things to fix : the videos and web tvs need a fullscreen mode for being viewed better on Wii , and perhaps the games also.

The second thing : it needs much more contents.
There are too few web tvs and videos, and perhaps few radios in certain categories , languages or countries.

Last, the graphics are too like "2D comics", and this is not the perfect Wii-style.
So we'll redraw it.

Do you agree with me? Any opinion?

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Mario-Man - 09-07-2008 12:43 AM

I used it on my wii, it's handy, but I could always use youtube for movies and mariomayhem.com for games.

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - fortejava - 03-10-2009 09:33 AM

Hi all, Smilie_v2_Mario
we're back with a renewed My Wii Center.

We have done many improvements, expecially on the look of the site.

While you have fun with it, could you tell me some little info about the following things? :

1) Graphics: do you like this new look of the My Wii Center?

2) Performance: do you find the site too slow (on Wii or PC)?

3) If you are using the Wii, does the site require scrolling the page for viewing some elements?
No page should require scrolling with the wiimote, unless you zoom in

4) any other thing you don't like in the mywiicenter , or you wish to be changed.

Let me know, here is the link: http://www.mywiicenter.com

RE: My Wii Center : Wii-friendly site with games, TVs, radios and videos - Mario-Man - 03-10-2009 07:00 PM

It looks a lot better- one of the good things is that my school computer doesn't have it blocked! Big Grin