Mario Mayhem Forums

Full Version: Why Does It Take Ages for New Avatars To Load?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I first uploaded a GIF as my avatar, it was quick, now it won't change as fast. IT MAKES MEH ANGRY.
As in, the frames have more time between them? That might be because there are too many GIFs/other images on the same page, making it lag. Or it could be server issues/internet issues/etc. etc.

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what you mean? Right now your avatar looks pretty fast to me.

Speaking of avatars, and please excuse the slight off-topicness, but I've been having trouble changing my avatar. I have a 150x150 avatar on my computer that I tried to change to a few weeks ago, but all it did was resize my current one. I even deleted my avatar and set a new one, because that usually fixes it, but it didn't work. Anyone else have that problem/know how to fix it?
(07-17-2010 10:21 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of avatars, and please excuse the slight off-topicness, but I've been having trouble changing my avatar. I have a 150x150 avatar on my computer that I tried to change to a few weeks ago, but all it did was resize my current one. I even deleted my avatar and set a new one, because that usually fixes it, but it didn't work. Anyone else have that problem/know how to fix it?

That's what I meant.
Oh! Okay XD. It sounded like the problem was your current one slowing down, not that you couldn't upload a new one.

Eh, can't help ya there. I'm havin' it too.
(07-18-2010 01:41 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Okay XD. It sounded like the problem was your current one slowing down, not that you couldn't upload a new one.

Eh, can't help ya there. I'm havin' it too.

I never do have that problem ,though it sounds really painful.
I'll try messing with my avatar, and I'll see what happens.

EDIT: Just fiddled around with a few avatars, and it never does anything for me.
It might be a problem inside the forums or something.
Sorry to hear this guys.
I just changed my avatar successfully, so maybe it's working now? Try again and see~
(07-19-2010 11:29 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I just changed my avatar successfully, so maybe it's working now? Try again and see~

Should I steal yours again?
(07-19-2010 12:01 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2010 11:29 AM)Black Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]I just changed my avatar successfully, so maybe it's working now? Try again and see~

Should I steal yours again?

[Image: 9u1bh0.jpg]
Are you guys having issues uploading new avatars? Is it all working now BD?
Yea, it's all working for me now. Not sure about Justin though!
Reference URL's