Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Mariology' - thoughts on Mario Galaxy
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing

:

'Mariology' - thoughts on Mario Galaxy
I thought up this a while back, and figured I'd copy/paste from my deviantart journal onto here in case anybody's interested - damn, I really had to rip off Dr. Who on this one XD
[spoiler=Really long]
Sure, the first one mostly made sense, standalone, but of course Galaxy 2 had to come along and destroy that! If it's set in a parallel world, then the game would be non-canon to the main series... so how can we fix that? I think I found a way.

It was the Doctor Who episode called 'The Big Bang' that sparked me on this. For those who don't know, this episode is the one in which the Doctor 'rebooted' the universe, restoring it to what it should be... however due to his self-sacrifice, it turned out to be a universe without said Doctor. In order to reboot the universe, he had to use the Pandorica's 'genetic code for the universe' and spread it to every point in time and space simultaneously... he did this by using the exploding TARDIS, which was exploding in - you guessed it - every point in time and space.

Consider that, at the end of Galaxy 1, when the Galaxy Reactor was destroyed and caused some kind of black hole... the power of the Luma appeared to have made that a wormhole, and either the Luma, Rosalina, the Comet Observatory (or a mixture thereof) had the power to generate a new 'Galaxy' (it's a new universe, I don't care what Mario said... he's an idiot when it comes to science XD). If that's the case, then when the universe was restored, all was as it was, except the event of Mario Galaxy 1 would not be remembered, as they had 'never occurred'.

In any case - back to the Doctor Who example: as the Doctor never existed (once he'd sacrificed himself, he had erased himself from existence) he was not remembered by his companions... or anyone, for that matter. He resided in their memory, so slightly that Amy Pond's subconscious was at one stage triggered and she suddenly remembered him... as a result, he existed again - and Amy and Rory could remember everything about what had happened.

In Mario Galaxy 2, could the same have not happened for Rosalina? She appears intermittently, in a half-form (cosmic Rosalina), and perhaps that is either Mario or Luma beginning to remember her, but not quite. Maybe things got all to familiar for Mario once he'd beaten Bowser again, and Rosalina was finally able to break through - in that sense, she would not have been from another universe (as the non-canon explanation states) so much as she'd broken through the barrier of existence itself. On something of a sidenote: perhaps that is one of the reasons Luma went with Mario - not just having an unexplained trust for him, but because he was looking for something, someone, his mama, without fully knowing what he was seeking; he HAD to explore and find whatever it was that he needed.

If you look at it that way, all the past games had still happened (total universal restoration, for some reason it works that way) and while Galaxy 1 never existed, Peach, Mario, Bowser, Rosalina, Polari, Luma and those aboard the Observatory will have remembered it anyways! Probably explains how blank the Toad Brigade were about the whole deal, too...

And if you think on it long enough, it adds a lot to Luma's final words: "I will never forget you. Even when I someday become a star myself... I will never forget you, Mario!"

Because he HAD forgotten Mario, and after all they'd been through, he couldn't imagine forgetting him again!

Anyways, those're my thoughts Smile how about yours?
[/spoiler]

So HA.

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012 10:02 PM by KoopaKrazy85.)
04-16-2012 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToadsEgg Offline
Chain Chomp

:

RE: 'Mariology' - thoughts on Mario Galaxy
You make a very good point.

~ Immature since 2010 ~
04-22-2012 02:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elizasteave Offline
Goomba

:

Yes in fact i also think in that way. If this thing happened to Amy that she remembered and the doctor existed, then the same would have had also happened to Rosalina. I guess this is the thing that even people also do not observe much.

remote control boat
08-01-2012 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andriwluke Offline
Goomba

:

I would rather like to say that however I haven't observed all these things, but sometimes such things come to my mind. Well, I always pay my attention in playing this game as this is very addictive.
08-31-2012 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  if mario dissapered......... pokemaster_322 14 16,040 04-23-2014 12:16 AM
Last Post: Neko
  Why Do you like Mario Bros Games? benant100 13 15,784 03-28-2014 08:00 PM
Last Post: SmithyJ
  Mario Vs Luigi HyperLuigi 21 27,085 03-28-2014 07:42 PM
Last Post: SmithyJ
Big Grin Wario, Waluigi, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad, or Bowser Jkarate 7 9,502 05-28-2013 04:58 PM
Last Post: tbone4
  I need names for Mario Characters SuperMarioFan81 3 4,945 04-02-2013 03:42 PM
Last Post: mymariogames
  Nintendo Direct brought more Mario. Biolizard13 2 5,609 03-16-2013 07:29 AM
Last Post: Biolizard13
Question Mario Timeline? KoopaKrazy85 17 17,554 02-26-2013 04:43 PM
Last Post: mymariogames
Smilie_v2_Mario Super Mario Bros. A Reboot (Fan Script) SuperMarioFan81 7 7,395 02-04-2013 03:37 AM
Last Post: SuperMarioFan81
Smilie_v2_Mario Super Mario Bros. 20th Anniversary (The Movie) SuperMarioFan81 0 2,587 02-01-2013 02:31 AM
Exclamation If you could create your very own Mario game... Abigor 18 20,167 01-31-2013 03:37 AM