Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
E3: 2008
me_just_in Offline
The Koopinator

:

E3: 2008
Well, as I like to call it, Christmas-in-July, (E3) has started today and is in full swing. If you don't know, its a video gaming expo where every big game developer makes their major announcements for game, software, hardware releases, etc. for the rest of the year. Today, Microsoft held their press conference, and here's what I've highlighted as key points of interest:

Today, Microsoft had their press conferences. (While it wasn't as exciting as Nintendo's announcements will be; at least to me Tongue, it was still informative).

Wii all new it was coming; (these titles will probably show up on Nintendo's consoles also):

Resident Evil 5 has been announced to be released on the 360 on March 13, 2009 (Friday the Thirteenth). It features a new co-op mode with a male and female protagonist.

Rock Band 2 has been confirmed as a release, with 84 song titles, and backwards compatibility with previously purchased peripherals.

Guitar Hero: World Tour is the next installment in the insanely popular franchise, and will feature 85 songs out-of-the-box. This new title will come with a wireless drum set and a newly designed guitar.

Xbox Wii60?:

During the press conference, many new software titles were demoed or announced, many of which focused on multi-player capabilities. Games such as Scene It, You're in the Movies, and Uno all cater to an "E" audience, designed for simultaneous players.

In addition, a Xbox 360 update will be released this fall, which will simplify the user-interface of the 360 menu. This update will also enable 360 users to create "Avatars" (Miis) which will be placed in some games. The Avatars allow for online play, photo sharing, and viewing movies as a group.

(In my opinion, Microsoft is keeping up with the Jones' (Nintendo), by creating a more "family oriented" style of gaming).

Rare:

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise was announced, with a trailer revealing that cards will be purchasable to scan with a 360 camera peripheral. These cards will contain information on them that will unlock a new type of pinata. (With 100 or more types in all).

There was also a trailer for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. The graphics seemed sharp-edged, square, metallic, yet realistic. (A unique stylistic art; sort of like the backgrounds were comprised of realistic-looking painted metal, while the characters look more squared, yet quite animated.) It was revealed that Banjo and Kazooie will be traversing lands on the ground, in the air, and on water, in and out of what appeared to be customizable vehicles.

The original Banjo-Kazooie will also be a downloadable title on Xbox live.

All in all, Microsoft brought some solid hardware titles to the table today, (Fallout 2, Gears of War 2, etc, etc.), and its safe to say they've successfully announced what was expected of them; nothing less, nothing more.
07-15-2008 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

RE: E3: 2008
me_just_in Wrote:Xbox Wii60?:

During the press conference, many new software titles were demoed or announced, many of which focused on multi-player capabilities. Games such as Scene It, You're in the Movies, and Uno all cater to an "E" audience, designed for simultaneous players.

In addition, a Xbox 360 update will be released this fall, which will simplify the user-interface of the 360 menu. This update will also enable 360 users to create "Avatars" (Miis) which will be placed in some games. The Avatars allow for online play, photo sharing, and viewing movies as a group.

(In my opinion, Microsoft is keeping up with the Jones' (Nintendo), by creating a more "family oriented" style of gaming).

...copiers <_<

but i am really excited about sonic unleased, i wonder if they have any info on that yet

[Image: Yourbody_zps13bf9829.png]
07-15-2008 04:02 PM
Mario-Man Offline
Bowser jr

:

YEEAAAAH! *does a lil dance* Ok great nuggets of info, me_just_in! Now I need to find my specks and read!

[Image: 6toc2a3e.png]
Click here to level up my license!
http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?28519
07-15-2008 07:07 PM
me_just_in Offline
The Koopinator

:

Ahh, where to begin? Nintendo held conferences today!

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata took the stage to explain that the video gaming market has shifted, and Nintendo intends to "Break down the psychological barrier" that video games are only for gamers. (He also mentioned that development teams for main series games such as Zelda and Mario were hard at work, and there would be a new Zelda and Mario title to come out before a new Nintendo console is released.)

Reggie Fils-aime, president of Nintendo Of America chewed the cud for about ten minutes discussing Nintendo's sales projections.

Shaun White went on stage today, playing a live demo of the new Wii game that utilizes the balance board; Shaun White's Snowboarding.

Simanimals; a Sim game, involving animals will be released for the DS and Wii.

Wii:

British online gaming store Play announced that a new peripheral, Wii-Jog, will be released, that controls characters' movements in a "new, innovative" way by measuring the player's steps.

Animal Crossing: City Folk was announced for release on the Wii. As in the other Animal Crossing titles, holidays are a prominent feature; the promo showed snippets of New Year's, Bunny Day, (probably Easter), in which your human character can dig up Bunny Eggs.

The new game features different locations; you can travel from your town, (the town being similar to the normal settings of previous Animal Crossings), to the city, (a new location with large buildings and pavement, [like a city Tongue], it features an auction house, where you can see items for sale, or put items up for sale. There's a Happy Room Academy building, in which you can see how other players rank. Gracie the fashion giraffe has her own store there. In addition, there's a styling salon where you can change your character's hair, or put on a mask to make your character resemble your Mii.

The post office now allows players to send messages to computers, cell phones, etc. A new peripheral which mounts on the Wii sensor bar; a microphone, will allow players to interact verbally during play.
Its predicted to come out late 2008.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be coming to the Wii. It has an animated style, (rather than realistic), and features "head to head light saber battles". Its being released this holiday season.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids TV Party was also shown. The new game utilizes both the Wii-mote and Nunchuck, along with the balance board. Levels featured included a space-surfing game, a snow boarding game, and a motorcycling game. Its set to be released this fall.

Call of Duty: World at War was also demoed for the Wii. Big Grin It featured several automatic guns, and a flamethrower as usable weapons. It also features a co-op mode, and can be used with the Wii-Gun peripheral.

The Wii-Motion Plus, (a small box which plugs into the Wii-motes' nunchuck slot, [it extends the slot to the bottom of the motion plus]), is supposed to increase the sensitivity of the Wii-mote to make it more accurate. The Motion Plus will be sold separately, but also packaged with a new Wii Sports game: Wii Sports: Resort.

The game features a beach locale, along with games such as jet skiing, Frisbee (with a dog catching it), and a sword game with a single player mode, in which you chop wooden logs and pencils; and a two-player mode, where you fight one another.

Finally, Wii Music was demoed. It features instruments such as the bass, drums,(there is a separate mode, in which you can use the Wii balance board as drum pedals, and "actually" learn to play the drums.), saxophone, guitar, piano, violin. The game play seemed quite interesting, as the gamer simply holds the Wii-mote and nunchuck in different positions, depending upon what instrument they're playing, (for example Shigeru Miamoto came out holding a Wii-mote to his face and pressing the 1 and 2 buttons to play the saxophone). The game also features other game modes such as a conducting mode, and hand-bell chorus, and a note-matching game. Players can record their performances and create music videos.

Nintendo DS:

It was also alluded that Nintendo will begin to gear the DS towards being a personal organizer, as there were inklings towards the possibilities of the DS telling users locations, airline information, and even an announced cook-book-cartridge called CookingNavi reveal that Nintendo wants the DS to be a functional palm pilot for some users.

Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades was revealed, and will feature a "song sharing" capability. (Songs can be shared between DSs' that have different Versions of GH on Tour).

Spore: Creature Creator will also be coming to the DS. This game will allow you to share creatures with other players. (Via two game cartridges, not online).

Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia will be available in the U.S. on November the tenth.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars will also be released for the DS this winter. Built on a custom game engine for the DS, it will feature new characters, and free-range game play.

Reaction:

All in all, Wii were not amused. :\

It was similar to a Chirstmas in which you'd open up all your presents, to find they were all clothing, except for one or two semi-good things; like a couple CDs.

I'm not happy that the Wii-mote isn't sensitive enough for some games, (and I feel that the motion plus should be a free peripheral, not something to be packaged with a game, if the Wii-mote, which was intended to function properly, needs motion enhancing, people who purchased them should get it free. [Considering Wii-motes are already 40 U.S. dollars; 10 dollars short of a game]).

Nintendo really tried to appeal to non-gamers at the conference today. (However, there is already a great line-up of franchise games for the Wii, what more could a hardcore gamer want?) and I am glad that Animal Crossing: City Folk will be coming to the Wii, with online capabilities. Big Grin (Although I'm still wishing for Pikmin 3 Tongue).

Well, its safe to say that Nintendo didn't have any "wow-ing" announcements today, and they fell short at E3 this year. However, the Wii is still my favorite current gen. console. Sony really announced some big titles, Microsoft came in a close second, and Nintendo came in at third.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2008 01:06 PM by me_just_in.)
07-16-2008 05:29 AM
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

yes I LOVE YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wii sport resort is going to be UBER Awesome!!!!!!
Wii Music "SOUNDS" SUPER AMAZING
and AC?.....
PURE EPICNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I"MA LOOKIN' FOWARD TA DIS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

[Image: Yourbody_zps13bf9829.png]
07-17-2008 08:11 PM
Nivlac Offline
Veteran

:

I wonder what Mario game will be next?

I heard one called "Mario Slugger."

I reckon Nintendo are keeping some sort of secret.

[Image: steamicon256_shine.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2008 08:47 AM by Nivlac.)
07-18-2008 08:41 AM
Mario-Man Offline
Bowser jr

:

Yes, Nivlac Mario slugger is going to be the next Mario basball game hopefully for wii, I read about that too, can't wait, soon there is saposed to be a japan review. Of a demo of the game, should be good, I hope.

[Image: 6toc2a3e.png]
Click here to level up my license!
http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?28519
07-23-2008 08:25 PM