Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disappointed
MushroomAnarchy Offline
Goomba

:

Disappointed
I'm quite disappointed with Super Mario Galaxy 2. I expected an improvement on the original, but instead it went backwards. It felt more like just extra levels with some cheap hub. Why won't Nintendo let us go back into Peach's Castle? It was the best. The original was alright, but it missed out on a lot of potential like more powerups and levels and harder bosses. I expected that to be corrected with the second version. It wasn't.

Instead, the second version was basically a levels pack for 50 bucks. Why not have just made it Super Mario Galaxy: More Levels and sold it for 30 bucks instead of falsely advertising it as a second game. But what should I expect this is Nintendo. The most money hungry company in the world. I think they should sell the entire series to Bungie, so Mario can update with modern technology rather than have it stay a game made with 80s technology forever. Anyone else agree?
11-21-2010 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pokemaster_322 Offline
Baby Yoshi

:

RE: Disappointed
well i think super mario galaxy 2 was ok. sure it could have been better but i didnt think it was a waste

mario mayhem rules Big Grin
[Image: mario-sprites.jpg]

dont ya just love the number 42?
11-21-2010 08:03 AM
Aeolus Away
Baby Yoshi

:

Same.
11-21-2010 09:16 AM
NismoZ Offline
Cheep Cheep

:

Well, this thread is a good confirmation for me to not buy SMG2. There was all the hype about the original (which I was not interested in, all the hype being a contributing factor), and then even more for the sequel. The pure stupidity of the gaming world - that they will OMGLOVE a sequel to a game they kinda-sorta like just because everyone else will OMGLOVE it - just generally pisses me off, not to mention making me more uninterested in the game. And now that I know that someone in the world (who isn't me) doesn't OMGLOVE SMG2...

[/rant]

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
11-21-2010 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aeolus Away
Baby Yoshi

:

Well...I enjoyed SMG MUCH, MUCH, more!
11-21-2010 09:25 AM
MushroomAnarchy Offline
Goomba

:

(11-21-2010 09:22 AM)NismoZ Wrote:  Well, this thread is a good confirmation for me to not buy SMG2. There was all the hype about the original (which I was not interested in, all the hype being a contributing factor), and then even more for the sequel. The pure stupidity of the gaming world - that they will OMGLOVE a sequel to a game they kinda-sorta like just because everyone else will OMGLOVE it - just generally pisses me off, not to mention making me more uninterested in the game. And now that I know that someone in the world (who isn't me) doesn't OMGLOVE SMG2...

[/rant]

Well, the levels themselves were excellent in SMG2 and so were the powerups they gave us. It's just I was wishing they gave us more levels and more powerups. And harder bosses. If I were you, I would buy it on sale or something. Wait until it goes down to like 35 bucks, then buy it. Then it would be worth it, but it definitely wasn't worth 50 bucks alone. It's not awesome, but it's not awful either. It's just an ok game.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2010 10:02 AM by MushroomAnarchy.)
11-21-2010 10:01 AM
pokemaster_322 Offline
Baby Yoshi

:

(11-21-2010 09:25 AM)Ryouta Wrote:  Well...I enjoyed SMG MUCH, MUCH, more!

your right about that

mario mayhem rules Big Grin
[Image: mario-sprites.jpg]

dont ya just love the number 42?
11-21-2010 11:17 AM
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

(11-21-2010 02:44 AM)MushroomAnarchy Wrote:  I think they should sell the entire series to Bungie, so Mario can update with modern technology rather than have it stay a game made with 80s technology forever. Anyone else agree?

you're kidding right?

I won't bug you about that, but I will agree with you that SMG2 was a bad game....which is why I didn't get it, I just waited for what other people said about it ;D

[Image: Yourbody_zps13bf9829.png]
11-21-2010 12:56 PM
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing

:

I wouldn't say it went backwards, it didn't go anywhere but it certainly wasn't any less than the original and I still love it

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
11-21-2010 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aeolus Away
Baby Yoshi

:

I don't know... I think Shigeru Miyamoto went to a party that night, got drunk, then came up with all those game E3s.
11-22-2010 12:51 AM