Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nintendo 3DS
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

RE: Nintendo 3DS
(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  The one Friend code thing applies to 3DS games only D; you keep all your friend codes for you DS games sadly.

I kind of expected that, in fact I hoped for it. Having to switch all my FC's would be a hassle.

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  I'll cover the 3D first. In short, it's pretty legit Tongue Most softwares do a great job of utilizing it to it's fullest, the only down side I can think of is that it can make you pretty dizzy xD, that and it only works if you look directly into the screen.

Yay, glad the 3D is really as good as they said it was.

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  *Mii Maker - They did a pretty awesome job here! First, you can import Miis from the Wii, so you won't have to go through creating everyone again. Also, it has the ability to take your picture and (poorly) try to recreate you, it might not be accurate, but you can laugh at how ugly it makes you feel. they have aplenty new Head shapes, Hairstyles, Eyes, Noses, and Mouths so that you can really create a great and awesome Mii. another feature is the ability to save images of your Mii on to your SD card, you can even put them in QR code, that the 3DS can scan and read Miis from!

LOL that Auto-Mii feature sounds hilarious. And new options? DO WANT.

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  *Face Raiders - this game uses the camera to let you take pictures of your friends and family, and put them in a shooter game, the game is short, with 6 levels and 2 hidden levels, but is pretty fun, AND challenging which use your surroundings as the enviorment.

Will be playing this when I get it lmao.

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  *AR GAMES - The 3DS comes with a pack of AR cards, used to launch various game modes such as Archery or Fishing, after clearing some mini games, some more will be unlocked, like the ability to pose your Miis and snap pictures of them! =D this software also uses Play coins to purchase additional game modes after you've unlocked the shop.

Huh. Interesting. So they're just like regular games that you insert? Do they come in a case or something?

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  Pictochat has been removed

2012. IT'S HAPPENING.

Y U DO THIS TO ME, NINTENDO?! TuT *the only idiot who ever really went on Pictochat*

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  Also, while playing I explored a lot of areas that gave me the message "This feature will be enabled later through a system update"
also, a new Black screen of death error has began popping up for many 3DS owners, this all leads to the idea that Nintendo was lazy, didn't finish the system on time, and released it with many incomplete tools/software. Sad

Wow, that's kind of disappointing. I don't mind DLC on games, but when a SYSTEM needs DLC right from the start? That's kind of sad. Now I'm kind of glad we can't buy it, so we can wait until it's been updated.

(03-29-2011 12:33 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  Should you get it? sure, if you have the money, but the price will probably be reduced later on, or they'll make a "3DS Lite"

LOL knowing Nintendo, that's exactly what they're gonna do. And 3DSi. And 3DS2. And 3DS Micro, etc. etc.. Gotta have dat cash.

[Image: McWUC.png]
"What do you call it when there's not a soul who'll love you?"

"No one will love me; I'm all alo..."

:Image source:
:Quote Source:
03-30-2011 07:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

(03-30-2011 07:22 AM)Black Dragon Wrote:  Huh. Interesting. So they're just like regular games that you insert? Do they come in a case or something?

Lol, mislead you there for a second I think, you see, it's like card cards
You lay it on a table or something (the cards) then load up the AR CARDS app and it'll read/detect it through the 3DS's cameras, and simulate some pop-up like games.
(Like in the video where the dragon popped up out of the "?" card.)

[Image: Yourbody_zps13bf9829.png]
03-30-2011 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

Ah, I see. So it's augmented reality. I was wondering how AR would play into the 3DS, yet somehow I completely forgot about it xD. Now that I know though, it seems really cool!

03-30-2011 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

(03-30-2011 12:29 PM)Black Dragon Wrote:  Ah, I see. So it's augmented reality. I was wondering how AR would play into the 3DS, yet somehow I completely forgot about it xD. Now that I know though, it seems really cool!

A lot of it is pretty mind boggling too, even with the 3D off.
Also, a quick fix with the 3DS sound, now it can also play MP3 files! Big Grin
Yay! no more needing to convert things to ACC!

03-30-2011 01:13 PM
NismoZ Offline
Cheep Cheep

:

I was at GameStop earlier, and I saw that they had a 3DS demo stand. The 3D is amazing; instead of cinema 3D, it simply gives a sense of depth to the game.

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
04-24-2011 06:16 AM
Mr. Mario Offline
Goomba

:

(04-24-2011 06:16 AM)NismoZ Wrote:  I was at GameStop earlier, and I saw that they had a 3DS demo stand. The 3D is amazing; instead of cinema 3D, it simply gives a sense of depth to the game.

Wow, they had a demo stand for it? I haven't even seen what the 3DS looks like outside the box!

Come on down to Crazy Mario's Crazy Food Emporium! We got pasta, macaroni, pizza, cheese, andmy personal favorite...SPAGHETTI!

I'm Mr. Mario, a hardcore Mario fan! I'll chew through metal to get to Mario's newest game!

Make sure to look for me on Skype! PM me, and I'll give you my Skype name so we can chat!

Let there be light! ~God
04-24-2011 06:21 AM
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

All of my friends have one, but oddly enough I've never seen the 3D part of it. The only glimpse I saw of it was when I was playing one of them in Black & White, and since that was just a regular DS game the 3D didn't come out. I really want to see one in action now TuT.

04-25-2011 02:27 AM
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

Eh, I'll talk about the few 3Ds games I have now.

Ridge Racer 3D
this was the first Nintendo 3DS game I wanted to try, well, no I didnt want to try it, my friend told me to get it Tongue, anyway for those who don't know, Ridge Racer is a racing game (duh) franchise made by Namco, appearing in both arcades and on consoles. this title isn't the best I've tried, but it can still be pretty nice, it's challenging and has a number of cars to unlock through Grand Prix, just like any other Ridge Racer game, the courses are pretty and attractive as well. The 3D gave me a headache, and I felt like pulling out my hair, so I'd recommend playing this one without the 3D on, hopefully not all racing games will do this to me on the 3DS. Multiplayer wise? It's kept to local, I was really hoping for it to have online D;, ghost data can also be sent out when in streetpass mode.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
From what I know this title is a port of the console version with a few extra features, such as figurine collecting and battling via streetpass, you can also fight your friends or strangers through local wireless or Wi-Fi connection. To be honest, I dislike 2D fighters, but I really like this one, probably because combos can be easily pulled off by picking one on the touch screen (no more button smashing madness for me Tongue) The music, graphics, and 3D are really awesome in this game, and all the characters cutsences and rivals can tell alot about a character's background. So far I've taken a liking to Hakan, M.Bison and Abel. Tongue

Nintendogs + cats
A nice game for the 3DS, takes Nintendogs from the Nintendo DS, with a few new breeds of dogs, improved graphics and 3D, and a great number of cat breeds. it uses the augmented reality cards in a new "Obidience Contest" (the only one I'm good at xD) and also uses the AR cards to "bring your dog to life" and puts it in your home. It includes most of the old features, some redone, and the 3D reallys makes it all look fantastic. it uses Streetpass to change in game photos, and spotpass to download new items to your game.
I hate how Ricardo never listens to me though, especially in competitions.
"Sit down. Sit down.....SIT DOWN. SIT DOWN YOU DAMN DOG!!"

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 02:27 PM by Biolizard13.)
05-03-2011 03:35 PM
Biolizard13 Offline
btw i'm a grill ;)

:

Update delayed to June.

05-25-2011 02:56 PM
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

(05-25-2011 02:56 PM)Biolizard13 Wrote:  Update delayed to June.

Uh oh, looks like Nintendo is running on Valve Time now.

Just like the Playstation Network.

05-26-2011 06:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Reggie talks Nintendo 3DS for this Holiday. Biolizard13 2 3,725 11-02-2011 03:03 AM
Last Post: Blaziken
Message TV on the Nintendo DS?!?!? Biolizard13 16 11,867 03-27-2010 01:06 AM
Last Post: dragon132
  nintendo dsixl dragon132 2 4,036 03-27-2010 01:01 AM
Last Post: dragon132
Exclamation Nintendo 3DS! Metal Man 5 6,333 03-26-2010 09:27 AM
Last Post: Biolizard13
  NEW Nintendo DSi Yoshi 19 14,343 01-31-2009 11:58 AM
Last Post: 8Bit
  Finally a Nintendo event in AUSTRALIA! Nivlac 10 8,786 12-01-2008 03:53 PM
Last Post: Irish_27