Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TV Tropes
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

TV Tropes
Main Page Wrote:What is this about? This wiki is a catalog of the tricks of the trade for writing fiction. We dip into the cauldron of story, whistle up a hearty spoonful and splosh it in front of you to devour to your heart's content.

Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.

The wiki is called "TV Tropes" because TV is where we started. Over the course of a few years, our scope has crept out to include other media. Tropes transcend television. They exist in life. Since a lot of art, especially the popular arts, does its best to reflect life, tropes are likely to show up everywhere.

I've never wasted so much time browsing a single website before.

For added fun, here's the Mario article.

MK Wii FC:3738-5862-2428
[Image: Forumbanner3.jpg]
04-18-2010 09:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yo_Yo_Cheese Offline
Yoshi

:

RE: TV Tropes
I've been reading this a lot recently. This site is awesome!

[Image: judojimkaratecarl.jpg]

Currently waiting for: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario (3DS), Tales of Graces f, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Skullgirls, Under Night In-Birth, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Party 9, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3DS
04-19-2010 12:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Leafshroom Offline
Para Trooper

:

RE: TV Tropes
Don't you dare make me visit that site again, you won't see me for days if you do!

02-24-2012 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply