Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mariology
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

Mariology
This is a topic to attempt to explain and discuss the workings of the Marioverse. Topics being discussed may be changed at anytime.

So, I'll start by asking what died to make Boo? For a ghost to exist, something had to have died.

MK Wii FC:3738-5862-2428
[Image: Forumbanner3.jpg]
08-19-2009 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blaziken Offline
Lakitu

:

RE: Mariology
Probably Goombas or Koopas, cause in SMB, there is no Boos, and in the rest, there are, you kill all the ones form number one to make Boos in two, three, etc.

[Image: niBsV.gif]

As I'm probably dead to the community, the place I've been hanging out on is right here
08-19-2009 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

(08-19-2009 11:09 AM)MasterMario4848 Wrote:  Probably Goombas or Koopas, cause in SMB, there is no Boos, and in the rest, there are, you kill all the ones form number one to make Boos in two, three, etc.
Makes sense, but at the same time, Boo looks like no other enemy. Maybe they are their own species.

08-19-2009 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blaziken Offline
Lakitu

:

Maybe Show.... *Does Orly Owl Face*

As I'm probably dead to the community, the place I've been hanging out on is right here
08-19-2009 12:47 PM
Timby Offline
Mushroom Kingdom Ruler

:

According to Mario Wiki:

Quote:Goombario's tattle for Igor in Paper Mario states, "He probably was a merchant before he became a Boo.", implying that current Boos may have once been living beings.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Boo

But I don't think it's ever really been disclosed! One of the mysteries of the mushroom kingdom Tongue

[Image: mayhem-sig.jpg]
Follow Mario Mayhem on Facebook!

[Image: Find_us_on_facebook_badge.png]
08-19-2009 03:45 PM
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

I think the most widely accepted idea is that in the Marioverse, Boos are simply the dead form of all the species. Although that still doesn't make much sense. What happens when a Boo dies though is a whole 'nother paradox...

And Boos are quite odd. According to this YouTuber:
Some Guy On YouTube Wrote:The Boo Species doesn't make any sense. They are symbolic of ghosts, however they're capable of holding and moving objects; at the same time they are able to go through walls and float as if they were mass-less. It gets even more complicated by the fact that boos as are the ultimate dead of all species in the Mario universe, there is no evidence of different style of boos. There isn't toad boos, goomba boos, koopa boos, just one round scary boo. In other Mario games, theres eries, giant boos, and even a hat that makes Mario a boo! THE SUPERNATURAL CANNOT BE SCIENTIFICALLY EXPLAINED!!

[Image: McWUC.png]
"What do you call it when there's not a soul who'll love you?"

"No one will love me; I'm all alo..."

:Image source:
:Quote Source:
08-20-2009 06:27 AM
Blaziken Offline
Lakitu

:

Here's What that Youtuber should learn. Hey, maybe they're FREAKING POLTERGEISTS! (Ghosts that are able to hold, move, and open and close objects)

08-20-2009 09:38 AM
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

So, how do warp pipes work? Especially the upside-down ones?

09-01-2009 10:37 AM
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing

:

Boos, i think, are ghost-like creatures but are not actual ghosts - like they're alive, but can still go through walls and turn invisible and stuff

The pipes, i guess, SOME would just be underground pipes, as has been previously shown. But the longer-distanced ones might have some sort of teleportation device just inside them.

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
09-07-2009 06:34 PM
Black Dragon Offline
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

:

Pipes = vacuums of DOOM?

[Image: McWUC.png]
"What do you call it when there's not a soul who'll love you?"

"No one will love me; I'm all alo..."

:Image source:
:Quote Source:
09-08-2009 07:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  'Mariology' - thoughts on Mario Galaxy KoopaKrazy85 3 5,287 08-31-2012 05:52 PM
Last Post: andriwluke