Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mariology
KoopaKrazy85 Offline
Moderator-person-guy-thing

:

RE: Mariology
(08-24-2010 06:31 AM)Black Dragon Wrote:  
(08-23-2010 04:58 PM)KoopaKrazy85 Wrote:  theyz from the real world, that's been long covered

Then what about the Yoshi's Island/Mario and Luigi games? Either they aren't canon, they're an alternate parallel universe, or they're a retcon. I prefer to think they're a retcon myself.

But on the Toad subject, I mostly agree. They're most likely some sort of mutated human, since Toads and Humans obviously breed compatibly(Peach, maybe Daisy?). The mushroom hat was likely some sort of adaptation, though for what purpose other than aesthetics is a mystery.

Something else I'd like to discuss is the geography. I'm horribly confused on that subject. Are locations like Rogueport and the surroundings areas of PM2 part of the Mushroom Kingdom? What about the Wario-verse locations? Does Peach have multiple castles, hence the different versions in every game? Just how large do you think it is?

Well, I like to think that such an awesome game is canon XD but by that logic, it would mean that in the mario version of everything (real world, MK, whatever) worked that way, which is just all weird XD I really dunno, cuz yoshi's island means a LOT to Mario and Luigi's backstory... I'll have to think that one through...

I have a feeling that with Peach and Daisy, they either stumbled upon the mushroom kingdom as children, or a small amount of humans reside there regularly. Which fits my theory about koopas as well - far as I could figure, Koopas are like the Covenant in Halo, different races form a hierarchy, no guessing why bowser's kind of koopa counts as nobility/royalty XD maybe the toads think of the humans that way as well? I'm honestly pretty interested in the princesses backstories, there's a lot to be uncovered there

geography? if only they mapped out all of the locations... but that would eliminate new places being introduced. I reckon all of the places exist somewhere, though. And castels, hey nothing ever stays the same from game to game - for example red mushrooms, they just make no sense in the newer games, same as they make no sense if you put it in any fanfiction, I mean look at how Nintendrawer has had to work it out in her SMB comic. Off topic but I think that theory is good and I'll stick to it (either that or totally ignore red mushrooms, or consider them health items only) XD. As for Wario places... MarioMayhem maintains that WarioWare games are set on earth/real world, as for Wario Land locations, well it can work either way, they are very different to the Mario locations, if they're the same world, they're VERY far apart - maybe the other side of sarasaland? cuz sarasaland is pretty different to the other locations I guess, that's how I'm struck by it, anyway.

I REALLY had to revive this XD I think about these things too much

[Image: mariomayhem_signature_by_koopakrazy85-d4r0pok.png]
03-28-2011 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToadsEgg Offline
Chain Chomp

:

(03-28-2011 07:21 PM)KoopaKrazy85 Wrote:  MarioMayhem maintains that WarioWare games are set on earth/real world,

Well, actually, the WarioWare games claim to take place in a location called "Diamond City". And, well, no such thing exists. And of course, there's no such thing as Mona or Jimmy T. or 9-Volt or blah blah blah blah blah blah... whoa. I was droning on and on. D'oh ._. And they can make up locations on Earth. Double D'oh >.<

Now, another topic. I feel weird to ask, but where is a Yoshi brain stored in the Yoshi body?

~ Immature since 2010 ~
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2011 01:21 PM by ToadsEgg.)
04-02-2011 01:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline

:

hmm yeah if I was a yoshi, I wouldn't keep my brain so close to my mouth considering some of the things he eats (like BOMBS) XD good question, possibly in his skull, but then again maybe somewhere more protected - under his shell, maybe?

04-02-2011 07:51 PM
ToadsEgg Offline
Chain Chomp

:

Good thought. Wow, I'm in a WarioWare mood right now...

How can Mario characters be aware that they're in a video game (breaking the 4th wall)? It only happens sometimes, but it still happens.

~ Immature since 2010 ~
04-05-2011 09:40 AM
KoopaKrazy85 Offline

:

hmm, well I dunno, those parts are either just for the lulz of the game (I generally believe that the games would be retells of past stories, effectively, and changed a little for the sake of gameplay)

also I've been very confused in the past about whether or not the Marios are known in the real world? I mean that real world would probably be parallel to our own, but then again.... maybe not?

and if the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games are canon - then are they set in RL or MK? is Pauline an MK resident or not?

04-13-2011 09:35 PM
pokemaster_322 Offline
Baby Yoshi

:

about how mario characters sometimes kow they are in a video game i think nintendo is doing it for comedy but maybe they have psykick powers or maybe they see two giant eyes (us) watching them from the sky 24/7 i dunno

mario mayhem rules Big Grin
[Image: mario-sprites.jpg]

dont ya just love the number 42?
04-17-2011 10:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KoopaKrazy85 Offline

:

(04-17-2011 10:03 PM)pokemaster_322 Wrote:  about how mario characters sometimes kow they are in a video game i think nintendo is doing it for comedy but maybe they have psykick powers or maybe they see two giant eyes (us) watching them from the sky 24/7 i dunno

LOL maybe those eyes on the bushes are us? 0_o

04-18-2011 08:25 PM
Mr. Mario Offline
Goomba

:

(04-18-2011 08:25 PM)KoopaKrazy85 Wrote:  
(04-17-2011 10:03 PM)pokemaster_322 Wrote:  about how mario characters sometimes kow they are in a video game i think nintendo is doing it for comedy but maybe they have psykick powers or maybe they see two giant eyes (us) watching them from the sky 24/7 i dunno

LOL maybe those eyes on the bushes are us? 0_o

Maybe they use the eyes to spy on us... they could be watching to see if we hacked the game!

Come on down to Crazy Mario's Crazy Food Emporium! We got pasta, macaroni, pizza, cheese, andmy personal favorite...SPAGHETTI!

I'm Mr. Mario, a hardcore Mario fan! I'll chew through metal to get to Mario's newest game!

Make sure to look for me on Skype! PM me, and I'll give you my Skype name so we can chat!

Let there be light! ~God
04-20-2011 07:20 AM
MuffinRobot Offline
Koopa Trooper

:

I think boos are actually lost shyguys. Think about it, When you look at them they block there face, like shyguys cover there face with that mask. Just a theory.

-another day-

My own forums
07-23-2011 06:41 AM
KoopaKrazy85 Offline

:

(07-23-2011 06:41 AM)MuffinRobot Wrote:  I think boos are actually lost shyguys. Think about it, When you look at them they block there face, like shyguys cover there face with that mask. Just a theory.

Holy crudbuckets, best idea ever - I would have just said any species, but shy guys specifically? I'm pretty much willing to accept that as canon.

07-24-2011 03:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  'Mariology' - thoughts on Mario Galaxy KoopaKrazy85 3 5,633 08-31-2012 05:52 PM
Last Post: andriwluke