Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mega Man X series
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

Mega Man X series
Set 100 years after the "Classic" series, the MMX series is a little darker and has a much more involved story than the NES games. There's supposed to be a link between the two, but one hasn't been found yet. Instead of beating Robot Masters, you fight Mavericks, which are plant and animal-based. The first 3 games were great, but after it made the jump to the PlayStation it became horribly average.

Discuss.

MK Wii FC:3738-5862-2428
[Image: Forumbanner3.jpg]
05-18-2009 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yo_Yo_Cheese Offline
Yoshi

:

RE: Mega Man X series
I would think that the links are fairly obvious...

Of course, the MMX series takes place 100 years after the MMc (classic) series. In addition, both Zero and the Maverick Virus were created by Dr. Wily. X was, of course, built by Dr. Light himself.

On an interesting side note, Dr. Wily's logo appears in the background of Shadow Devil's arena. I also believe that Wily makes a brief (in spiritual\hologram form) appearance in the Day of Sigma movie.

[Image: judojimkaratecarl.jpg]

Currently waiting for: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario (3DS), Tales of Graces f, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Skullgirls, Under Night In-Birth, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Party 9, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3DS
06-09-2009 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

(06-09-2009 09:05 AM)Yo_Yo_Cheese Wrote:  On an interesting side note, Dr. Wily's logo appears in the background of Shadow Devil's arena. I also believe that Wily makes a brief (in spiritual\hologram form) appearance in the Day of Sigma movie.
The Shadow Devil also morphs into one of the Wily Machines, if I recall correctly. Wily also appears in Zero's opening movie in X4.

06-09-2009 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yo_Yo_Cheese Offline
Yoshi

:

(06-09-2009 09:15 AM)Metal Man Wrote:  
(06-09-2009 09:05 AM)Yo_Yo_Cheese Wrote:  On an interesting side note, Dr. Wily's logo appears in the background of Shadow Devil's arena. I also believe that Wily makes a brief (in spiritual\hologram form) appearance in the Day of Sigma movie.
The Shadow Devil also morphs into one of the Wily Machines, if I recall correctly. Wily also appears in Zero's opening movie in X4.

Yes, yes it does!

Currently waiting for: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario (3DS), Tales of Graces f, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Skullgirls, Under Night In-Birth, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Party 9, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3DS
06-09-2009 11:35 PM
Metal Man Offline
Chain Chomp

:

(06-09-2009 11:35 PM)Yo_Yo_Cheese Wrote:  
(06-09-2009 09:15 AM)Metal Man Wrote:  

Yes, yes it does!
Thought so.

So who were your favorite Mavericks? I liked Sting Chameleon, Magna Centipede, and Blast Hornet.

06-10-2009 10:42 AM
Yo_Yo_Cheese Offline
Yoshi

:

I never played them all but... I always liked Magma Dragoon. I always thought that Sting Chameleon looked cool too.

06-11-2009 08:18 AM