Mario Mayhem Forums
Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Printable Version

+- Mario Mayhem Forums (http://www.mariomayhem.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... (/showthread.php?tid=540)

Pages: 1 2 3

Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Kirby - 11-15-2008 10:55 AM

OK i wuz wondering how do you make forums?

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Gokuakyou - 11-15-2008 12:26 PM

i had one

I think i created it by a web called FreeWebs or anything like that

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Nivlac - 11-15-2008 12:56 PM

Oh I thought you meant within The Mario Mayhem Forums. I dunno. You should ask Timby. He must've used a good site to make this one look so good Smile

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Kirby - 11-15-2008 04:20 PM

ok i found MyBB where timby made this site but how do i use it???

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Nivlac - 11-15-2008 06:33 PM

Got it to work Kirby Smile Did ya'? Just look at the site for MyBB Forums. It should tell you what to do.

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Kirby - 11-16-2008 08:59 AM

ok i know how to work it but i need a web host where did Timby get one????????????????

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Nivlac - 11-16-2008 12:01 PM

You may be able to use the school one. Actually no, bad idea.
Hey Timby, how did you get a domain/host???

Kirby, I think you have to pay for one if you want one...

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Irish_27 - 11-16-2008 06:32 PM

Hey Nivlac what would happen if you tried the school as a web host???

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Timby - 11-16-2008 11:36 PM

I don't think your school will let you run a web server, unless you have a special class for that!

I do pay each month for server space which I installed the forums on. You will need something that supports php and mysql if you want to install mybb. There are lots of free places where you can just host a forum, but they will probably have popups or some kind of ads which you won't see any money from.

Forums are pretty easy to install if you have a little bit of an idea about file permissions, how websites work with databases and a general idea of php. Of course you can install them pretty easy just by following a walk through. Any specific questions and i'll be glad to help if I can Smilie_v2_Mario

RE: Question for timby or anyone who knows how... - Nivlac - 11-17-2008 10:19 AM

Yeah, the school might be able to access it, and, I don't think they would want a Nintendo site hosted by them...

slack...