Mario Mayhem Forums
Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Printable Version

+- Mario Mayhem Forums (http://www.mariomayhem.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? (/showthread.php?tid=281)

Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Shadow - 07-28-2008 02:17 PM

This is an unsual post, I know. I'm currently studying a double degree at uni in visual arts and education (teaching) and next week we have to go to a local highschool and take a half-hour lesson with a small group of students.

The teaching group i'm in consists of me and two of my friends and we've decided to do a lesson on art since were the only education students in our class studying art as well.

our idea at the moment is we would like to teach a group of year 8 students about the 7 art elements, which are:

line
tone
shape (2d object)
space
colour
texture
and form (3d object)

were trying to come up with something fun to do with these topics, like, a game or something, like say, matching the words up to what they mean, but I cant really think of anything interesting... would be cool to do some sort of practical exercise...

anyways... does anyone have any sort of ideas? I don't really expect you to, but anything would be helpful!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Mario-Man - 07-29-2008 01:19 AM

Ahhh, art. Shadow you would be good a teaching them that! Big Grin Wink
They could do a few lines about what each mean and maybey draw a picture containing at least 3 of those things.
Thats all I know really. Sounds fun Shadow and I can't think of a better job for you.

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - me_just_in - 07-29-2008 05:50 AM

Ah, sorry, I can't think of anything. Usually I'm good at coming up with a kooky idea or two, but I don't know enough about art to think of a clever activity, besides just drawing. Sorry!!!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Shadow - 07-29-2008 09:39 AM

thanks for your suggestions Mario-Man, thanks Me_just_in too Tongue Appreciate the effort ^^

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Shadow - 07-29-2008 09:51 AM

shall see what happens

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - me_just_in - 07-29-2008 11:26 AM

Best of luck!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Mario-Man - 07-30-2008 04:51 AM

Yes, Best of luck! Tell us what happens!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Timby - 07-30-2008 11:45 AM

Make them draw a Mario ^^

But seriously, what about getting them all to draw 2 pictures the same on little cards, and then playing "snap" with the class or something, this could be more of a little fun exercise at the end maybe since I don't know how much time you could spend creating 2 images and playing snap Tongue

Don't forget my suggestion of bringing in some freddo frogs as bribery either!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Shadow - 07-30-2008 12:16 PM

keep u all posted, thanks for ur help...

and lol, yes, fredo frogs for the win!

RE: Anyone got any ideas for teaching art to year 8's? - Mario-Man - 07-30-2008 07:34 PM

lol, Timby nice idea. MMM, fredos! Did you not used to beable to buy something like them but it was taz?