Mario Mayhem Forums
Red Frog Mario - Printable Version

+- Mario Mayhem Forums (http://www.mariomayhem.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Mario (/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Red Frog Mario (/showthread.php?tid=2082)

Red Frog Mario - Red Frog - 09-08-2010 11:54 AM

Hey guys, my buddies and I were playing Mario 3 on SNES through the Super Mario All Stars cartridge. I used the warp whistles, of course, and got to level 7 where I started off as a racoon-man. I then went through the level and magically got turned into the red frog Mario. I have no idea how it happened, all I know is that it HAPPENED.

I scoured the web to see if it has been done before and I found NOTHING. Luckily, an undoctored video was made to show the red suit Mario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip0v3P8cfXU

I hope you enjoy, and can tell me if it's been done before.

RE: Red Frog Mario - ToadsEgg - 09-08-2010 11:59 AM

First of all, hi, and welcome to Mario Mayhem.
Second, WHOA! That's weird! Red Frog Mario??
EDIT: Oh, and yeah, I saw it done on the NES version on Youtube. Except it froze when it happened.

RE: Red Frog Mario - Red Frog - 09-08-2010 12:55 PM

Yeah man, I got really lucky that it didn't freeze.

And thanks for the welcome. Smile

RE: Red Frog Mario - たわごと - 09-09-2010 02:31 AM

I thnk the ROM was bugged...

RE: Red Frog Mario - Red Frog - 09-09-2010 07:23 AM

Hey there たわごと,

We weren't playing on an emulator we were playing on an actual SNES. We have seen glitches before but never one like this. It was really cool.

Have you seen it done before? We've tried our hardest to get it back, but we can't.

Thanks.

RE: Red Frog Mario - たわごと - 09-09-2010 09:59 AM

(09-09-2010 07:23 AM)Red Frog Wrote:  Hey there たわごと,

We weren't playing on an emulator we were playing on an actual SNES. We have seen glitches before but never one like this. It was really cool.

Have you seen it done before? We've tried our hardest to get it back, but we can't.

Thanks.

Whatever is like the ROM was bugged...

RE: Red Frog Mario - ToadsEgg - 09-09-2010 11:51 AM

Yeah...
he wasn't talking about an emulator ROM, he was talking about the ROM in the game itself.

RE: Red Frog Mario - たわごと - 09-09-2010 12:45 PM

(09-09-2010 11:51 AM)ToadsEgg Wrote:  Yeah...
he wasn't talking about an emulator ROM, he was talking about the ROM in the game itself.

OFF-TOPIC

RE: Red Frog Mario - NismoZ - 10-20-2010 02:16 AM

This looks legit. Knowing the 8-bit and 16-bit Mario games, it looks like it's one of those random chance glitches, where the palette isn't changed when you power-up, leaving the red from normal Mario. Also, Super Mario All-Stars has a heck of a lot of glitches.

RE: Red Frog Mario - KoopaKrazy85 - 10-21-2010 03:45 PM

lol, maybe it was a shiny?